This was a bet, gambling with feasibility : was it possible to create cards in the XVIIth century way without the help of modern techniques ? From this idea were born the Triomphes de Paris. The pack is made of 22 cards (plus a title card and a number card) – each one of them engraved and blockprinted for each copy – based on the Jacques Vieville’s tarot trumps serie (or « major arcana » in the occultist terms).
This first original creation, for which each card was engraved, and each copy printed, assembled and finished by hand in the closest way possible to ancient cardmakers methods, led to the creation of this website and the other cards you can find here.
ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS :
- Original Handmade Edition Product page
- Fac Simile 1st edition
- Fac Simile 2nd edition
- Little Black Booklet
- On demand custom handmade copy
- uncut and unmounted handprinted sheets
TWO TEXTS :
- « Les Triomphes de Paris de B.S.G » Charly Alverda
- « Coup d’oeil sur les Triomphes de Paris » Jérôme Coulomb (website)